Mount Evelyn Christian School offers a wide range of career support for students in years 9-12. Some of these services include:
- Individual career counselling for
students in Years 10-12. This may include consultations with parents
both during and outside school hours.
- Year 10 “Transition Week” where students
learn how to prepare for a job interview, listen to guest speakers
employed in a range of professions and visit a Tertiary institution.
- Individual personality and career assessment analysis for all Year 10 students.
- Work Experience program available for Year 10 and 11 students.
- Consultation and guidance for students
moving into the senior years, focusing on appropriate subject choices,
study skills and achievable goals.
- Individual counselling and information
sessions for all Year 12 students in post-school options such as
tertiary study, employment and assistance with applications.
- A fortnightly career newsletter
- Specific careers events and workshops to
equip students with information as they, with assistance from their
parents, investigate options.
are able to access a wide range of resources from the Careers Room
(located in the Study Centre, Senior School). These include University
and TAFE handbooks, pamphlets on various careers, DVDs, useful website
addresses, the VTAC guide and the Job Guide.
VICTER (Victorian Tertiary Entrance Requirements) 2019VICTER (Victorian Tertiary Entrance Requirements) 2018Pathways Program to University 2016Scholarships Resource 2016
For Parents the following book might be useful
Parents Talking Career Choices
Tertiary Open Days
Below is a list of all the upcoming Tertiary Open Days and how to make the most of them.
OPEN DAYS 2016.pdf